This Shrimp Brown Rice and Spinach salad is far from traditional. It’s great on a hot summer day when your AC just isn’t working right… or if you’re like me and too cheap to cut it on. This Shrimp Brown Rice and Spinach Salad is perfect for those who don’t typically like salad. It’s full of protein and grains and is very flavorful.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min | Serves 4 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
½ lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp of vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ pound of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of shredded spinach, stem removed
1. Cook the brown rice according to the recipe on back of bag or box.
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium high. Add vegetable oil then add garlic cloves.
3. When garlic has browned, add the shrimp to the pan and saute until shrimp becomes pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. When rice has finished cooking, in a large bowl combine the rice, shrimp, mushrooms, and spinach.
5. Cover with plastic and chill until ready to serve. (at least one hour).
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||270||3.7||76.8|