Add spice and roast to perfection. You’ll never want fried or Walmart rotisserie chicken again once you get your hands on this roasted chicken. Roasted Chicken is a hearty, healthy meal that can feed your whole family. Best of all, this roasted chicken is full of flavor and doesn’t take long to cook!
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 1 hr 45 min | Serves 10 (3 oz portions) | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
olive or vegetable oil for coating the pan
1 tbs of dried rosemary
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
Kitchen twine or dental floss (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a roasting pan and rack with oil.
- Combine rosemary, garlic and salt in a bowl.
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken and trim off all visible fat. Starting at the neck cavity, gently loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks; spread rosemary mixture evenly under skin.
- Tuck wing tips under back of chicken; tie ends of drumsticks together with twine (if you don’t have twine you can use dental floss or you can ignore this step. The chicken will taste great regardless)
- Place breast side up in pan. Roast, basting twice with pan juices, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (and not touching bone) reads 175°F, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Remove skin at this point.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||264||9.5||320.5|