Every bit as good as the name implies. A healthy lemon chicken recipe. This healthy lemon chicken recipe is even better with some honey gravy! Best of all, this healthy lemon chicken recipe only has a small amount of fat.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Serves 8 (3 oz portions) | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
2 ½ lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of cayenne
1 tsp of garlic powder
3 tbs of flour
1 cup of 1% milk
¼ tsp of black pepper
2 tbs of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the chicken seasonings in a bowl. Zest the lemon peel into the seasonings.
- Rub the seasonings onto the chicken breasts.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- After the chicken is done cooking, start preparing the gravy.
- Heat 1 tbs of chicken drippings and the milk in a large skillet. Add the flour and whisk incorporated.
- Add the milk slowly and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir, until thickened, about 5 minutes, adding milk as necessary to control the thickness.
- Season the gravy with pepper, and honey. Serve hot chicken.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||179||4.4||370|