Prep: 0 min | Cook: 2 min | Serves 1 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
This hot chocolate is a great recipe for those with a sweet tooth. It’s perfect for the winter and it tastes great. Plus it’s made in the microwave. It’s low in sugar and fat. You can’t beat that.
1 tbs of cocoa powder
1 ½ tbs of sugar (or to taste)
2 tbs of semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup of lowfat milk
Marshmallows optional (not included in nutrition facts)
- In a microwavable mug, melt the semisweet chocolate. (Heat the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate, and then heat in 10 second intervals, stirring between each heating, until the chocolate melts.)
- Remove the mug from the microwave, then add cocoa powder, salt and sugar to the chocolate and stir.
- Add the milk and heavy cream to the cocoa powder mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute then stir the mixture.
- Microwave for 1 more minute or until almost boiling.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Top with marshmallows or whip cream, if desired.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||256||7||107|