By now you have all of the tools you need to stay healthy. You’ve learned how to eat better, how to be active, and how to manage stress. You only have one thing left to learn. And that is how to stay motivated to be healthy. This can be a very tricky thing for people. Some people will lose an amazing amount of weight. Then gain it all because they lost their motivation.
These tips will help you to avoid losing motivation!
- Stay aware of the health benefits you’ve achieved and hope to achieve. What have you achieved since first trying to be healthy? Have you reached your goals? What do you want to accomplish in the next six months?
- Recognize your successes. You’ve achieved a lot. You just need to keep reminding yourself of how amazing you are. What changes in your eating do you feel proudest of? What about changes in your activity?
- Keep visible signs of your progress. Post weight and activity milestones on your refrigerator. Measure yourself once a month. You could even make a note of all of the compliments that you’ve gotten since you started.
- Keep track of your weight, eating, and activity. Record your activity daily. Record what you eat. And record your weight.
- Add variety to your routine. Ride your bike or go swimming. Try a new recipe from this site. There are plenty of things you can do to spice it up. Don’t let yourself become bored.
- Set new goals. Find ways to reward yourself when you reach your goals. The goal should be attainable, but not easy. And the reward should be something that you can do or want to do, if you reach it. What are some non-food ways you can reward yourself?
- Create some friendly competition. Challenge your friend to see who can walk the most in a week. Or who can lose the most weight in 6 months. Set up the kind of competition that you both will win.
Now you have everything you to be healthy. And you know how to stay motivated to be healthy. The only thing left for you is to keep pushing to change your life and take back your health.