This sorbet is the definition of an oxymoron. As frozen sweetness slides down your tongue, heat hits the back of your throat in the best way possible.
Inactive Time: 8 hours | Cook: 30 min | Serves 8 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
1 ½ cup of sugar
4 cups of water
- Combine the ginger, sugar, and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a large bowl. Zest the lemon into the syrup then add the lime juice to the syrup. Add the leftover lime peels to the syrup and let chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more.
- Strain the mixture into another bowl. Then follow the directions on your ice cream maker to create the sorbet. Place sorbet in freezer until solid about 4 hours.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, place syrup in the freezer. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes until the mixture is completely frozen.
- Voila! You have your very own ginger-lime sorbet.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||162.5||0.1||2.4|