I found this gem, Ginger Carrots, in a Southern cookbook. Honestly, they are the best tasting carrots I’ve ever had. These healthy ginger carrots are full of flavor and are easy to make. Who knew ginger carrots could be so tasty and full of nutrients and vitamins?
Prep: 2 min | Cook: 10 min | Serves 8 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
2 tbs of margarine
1 tbs of sugar
2 tsp of cornstarch
½ tsp of ground ginger
¼ cup of orange juice
- Place carrots in saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until carrots are tender, about 8 minutes. Then drain carrots in colander.
- In a saucepan melt the margarine, add the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and pepper and stir well.
- Add the orange juice, stirring, bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots and stir til well coated with the glaze.
- Serve hot.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||88.8||3.0||77.7|