This eggplant recipe is a fun take on chicken parmesan. It looks great and tastes even better. This eggplant recipe is a spin on chicken parmesan. Best of all, this eggplant recipe has all of the favor and none of the fat!
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 20 min | Serves 4 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
2 tbs of olive oil
1 lb of chicken breast, cut into 4 pieces
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
3 tomatoes, diced
½ tsp of dried cilantro
½ tsp of dried oregano
½ tsp of black pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil.
- Lightly season the chicken breast with salt and black pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices and the chicken breast on different baking pans and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until done.
- In a saucepan, add the tomatoes, basil, cilantro, oregano, black pepper, garlic, and a pinch of salt and heat on medium heat, covered.
- Allow the tomato mixture to simmer, while stirring occasionally. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes are broken down.
- Make four sandwiches by stacking in this order: eggplant slice, chicken breast, eggplant slice, and tomato sauce.
- Serve topped, lightly with low-fat shredded cheese.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||236.5||8.8||105.3|