Cornbread speaks for itself. If you’re Southern, you know. This cornbread takes less than half an hour to make! More than that, this recipe ensures that this cornbread is low in sodium and fat.
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 20 min | Serves 10 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of salt
2 tbs of sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking soda, sugar and salt and stir well.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk, and vegetable oil in a medium sized bowl and stir until blended and smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch circular cake pan, cast iron pan or skillet. Add the batter to the prepared pan or skillet.
- Place in the oven and bake til the cornbread is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn onto a serving plate and serve warm.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||191.9||9.6||151.8|