Why buy protein powder, when you can make your own protein shake? This Cinnamon Banana Protein Shake is great to take along when you start your morning. Since it’s a protein shake, it’ll give you enough energy for the day!
Prep: 0 min | Cook: 10 min | Serves 4 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
4 egg whites
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 frozen bananas
4 ice cubes
- Scald the milk on medium heat. This should take about 5 minutes (Heat until just small bubbles begin to appear).
- Whisk egg whites.
- Temper the egg whites into the milk: while whisking, slowly pour about 1/3 of the milk mixture into the eggs. Then slowly pour the milk-egg mixture into the milk pot while stirring.
- Return pot to stove on low heat and add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Constantly stir until 170°F. If you don’t have a thermometer, then keep it on the stove for one minutes or until milk appears thicker.
- Strain the milk into a heat-proof container. Then allow it to cool on counter for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the ice cubes, bananas, and milk mixture into the blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||121||1.5||109|