Another Southern classic that still manages to confuse Northerners and people from Asian backgrounds. Our healthy chicken dumplings are a bit… different. But they pack huge flavor. Love old fashioned chicken n’ dumplings? This easy to make, healthy chicken dumplings recipe will not disappoint!
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 45 min | Serves 6 (1.5 cups per serving) | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
1 pound of chicken breasts, skinless
1 pound of chicken thighs, skinless
5-6 cups of water (enough to nearly submerge the chicken)
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 carrots, chopped
¼ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of black pepper
2 cups of whole wheat flour
¼ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of garlic powder
- In a large pot, add all of the ingredients for the chicken. Bring the pot to a boil and then simmer it for about 40 minutes or until it is easily removed from bones. Take the chicken out of the pot and shred the meat with a fork.
- Return the chicken meat to the pot.
- Prepare the dumplings: Mix the flour, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl. Then slowly mix in about ¾ cup of cold water.
- Dust flour onto cooking surface and then knead the dumpling dough.
- Roll out the dough and then cut into thin, 1 inch pieces.
- Add the dumpling dough into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer doughy in the middle.
- Serve hot.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||412||9.7||323.7|