These simple, healthy grits are one of the most amazing things you’ll ever taste. This recipe gets them perfect 100% of the time. This is a healthy grits recipe that doesn’t lack on flavor and doesn’t take very long to make. Healthy grits are the perfect choice for a quick breakfast!
Prep: 3 min | Cook: 7 min | Serves 4 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
3 ¾ cups water
¼ teaspoon salt
½ tsp of black pepper
1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small pot, bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Slowly stir the grits, salt, and black pepper into the boiling mixture.
- Stir the grits continuously for one minute after completely added to pot.
- Cover with a lid, lower the temperature to a simmer, and cook for approximately 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||264||9.5||320.5|
*pro-tip: If you want grits to cool fast (less than 5 minutes), then serve it on a plate or saucer. Grits can stay hot upwards of 30 minutes in a bowl.