This couldn’t be a truly Southern food site without catfish. Here’s your healthy catfish alternative to frying it. Give it a nice sear and throw it in the oven until it’s done. This healthy catfish recipe is not only delicious, but also incredibly simple. Not to mention, it looks fantastic. Healthy catfish. Who knew?
Prep: 0 min | Cook: 15 min | Serves 4 (4 ounces) | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
¼ tsp of black pepper
pinch of salt
1 tbs of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Add the salt and pepper to the filets.
- Split the fillets in half length-wise.
- Roll the fillets lengthwise then stick a toothpick through the middle to hold its position.
- Add the vegetable oil to a hot cast iron pan. Then sear the pinwheels on the top and bottom for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer the pinwheels to the oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until done.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||286.5||18.0||340|