Candied beets are on of my favorite ways of eating beets. It’s actually one of my favorite recipes in general. They are very filling and packed with a complex flavor and a kick of sweet. Try this candied beets recipe. You won’t be disappointed.
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 1 hr | Serves 4 | Level: Easy
Print this recipe
2 cups of water
2 tbs of brown sugar
1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Combine the water, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the beets to the pot and heat to medium high. When the pot comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the beats from the pot and insert directly into cold water to cool off quickly.
- Meanwhile, heat the liquid on medium high to a rolling boil to evaporate the leftover juices, stirring occasionally. You want to reduce the beet juices until it is about 90% of the original volume. It is ready when it is a thick sauce.
- Peel the beets with your fingers or a potato peeler. Then slice the beets into 1/4th inch pieces.
- Add the sauce to the beets.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||117||0.5||203|