Bojangles just lost a few customers with this healthy biscuits recipe. Somewhere one of their employees has one hand on the store window with one tear slowly falling down his right eye. It is possible to make healthy biscuits! Not only that, but it’s easy as well. Make these healthy biscuits in the morning right before you start your day. The butter adds some saturated fat, so make these a special treat for the family.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 15 min | Serves 12 | Level: Intermediate
Print this recipe
2 tsp baking powder
½tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbs butter
½ tbs lemon juice (or vinegar)
⅓ cup cold water
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil then lightly grease it.
- Place butter in freezer to harden.
- Combine lemon juice and milk.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Remove butter from freezer and cut into small cubes. Add the butter into the flour.
- Use finger tips to rub the butter into flour mixture. There should be little bumps and pebbles when done. It will look similar to cornmeal.
- Next, combine the milk, lemon juice, egg, cold water, and vegetable oil in a medium sized bowl and beat well.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula or large spoon to stir. Stir the mixture until a smooth ball forms.
- Flour the space you want to use for kneading. Knead the dough by dumping the dough onto the floured surface. Next cover the top of the dough with a generous amount of flour. Use your hand to press the dough down until it is about ½ an inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough or mold it using your hands.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until finished.
|Calories||Fat (G)||Sodium (MG)|
|Amount Per Serving||140||4.7||108.3|